The surgeon and the torture memos
The Justice Department recently declassified four memos regarding the interrogation techniques approved by the Bush Administration and used by the CIA with senior level Al Qaeda members. The details of the memos made New York Times columnist Pauline M. Chen, MD's skin crawl, she says. She adds that her mind kept wandering back to one thing: the seemingly ordinary professionals who were responsible.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data