Medicare, start the bidding
In this op-ed piece published in the New York Times, Peter Bach, MD, discusses a potential payment solution for Medicare. He proposes a "reverse Dutch auction" where Medicare would set a target number of physicians for an oversupplied region and then offer to sign up specialists at a certain payment rate.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion