Medical campus in Athens, GA, takes another step forward
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, June 16, 2009
The Medical College of Georgia received permission from a national accreditation agency to move ahead with plans to open a campus in Athens. The campus is scheduled to open in August 2010, and college officials will begin accepting applications later this month, spokeswoman Toni Baker said. The Liaison Committee on Medical Education sent a letter saying planning is on track to admit 40 students to the Medical College of Georgia/University of Georgia Partnership Campus in Athens. The two colleges are working together to expand medical education programs.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions