Daschle: Tort reform necessary in healthcare bill
Former Sen. Tom Daschle says controlling the cost of malpractice insurance will have to be a part of the Obama administration's overhaul of the healthcare system. The onetime Democratic leader in the Senate said he believes "tort reform is going to be on the table," and that it's important that all "stakeholders" in the looming debate be given a chance to be heard, according to the Associated Press.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%