AMA: The white coats are going, the white coats are going
Wall Street Journal Health Blog, June 18, 2009
The AMA voted in its annual meeting to establish a dress code that would do away with the white coats that have distinguished physicians for years. The goal of the ban is to reduce the risk of infection from bacteria on unwashed sleeves.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'