MGMA: Experienced physicians migrating to Florida and Texas
Physicians getting jobs out of residency reported an increase in median salaries from last year in emergency medicine, infectious disease, and hematology/oncology, according to the Medical Group Management Association "Physician Placement Starting Salary Survey: 2009 Report Based on 2008 Data." The survey also found that experienced physicians migrated to Florida and Texas, while those directly out of residency favored North Carolina and Illinois.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts