In health reform, a cancer offers an acid test
The fundamental problem with our medical system is the combination of soaring costs and mediocre results, says David Leonhardt in this article for the New York Times. Leonhardt proposes a way to find the best treatment for illnesses at the lowest cost, using prostate cancer treatment as an example.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers