Doctor accused of falsifying studies gave ethics talk
A former Army surgeon at the heart of a scandal over allegedly falsified research gave a lecture last December on "ethical business practices." Copies of slides used in the Dec. 13 presentation by surgeon Timothy Kuklo were included in a packet of information sent by Washington University to U.S. Sen. Charles Grassley. The university says Kuklo failed to inform it of his financial relationship with Medtronic in 2007 when he was conducting research on one of the company's big-selling spine products.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'