House health bill would ban new physician-owned hospitals
Pete Stark has campaigned against doctor-owned hospitals, saying they allow doctors "to participate in what would otherwise be illegal kickbacks" by sharing in the profits of hospitals where they refer patients. Now a House health-reform bill co-sponsored by Stark bars physician ownership in new hospitals, and limits the growth of existing hospitals.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram