House health bill would ban new physician-owned hospitals
Pete Stark has campaigned against doctor-owned hospitals, saying they allow doctors "to participate in what would otherwise be illegal kickbacks" by sharing in the profits of hospitals where they refer patients. Now a House health-reform bill co-sponsored by Stark bars physician ownership in new hospitals, and limits the growth of existing hospitals.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness