Hospitals in the Washington, DC, region tally their avoidable mistakes
There were hundreds of incidents of death or serious medical harm disclosed in the past year by hospitals in the Washington, DC, region, preventable errors that until recently have not required public reporting. Under laws that took effect last year in Virginia and a few years earlier in Washington and Maryland, hospitals must report to health regulators many serious injuries that patients suffer in the course of treatment.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers