Hospitals in the Washington, DC, region tally their avoidable mistakes
There were hundreds of incidents of death or serious medical harm disclosed in the past year by hospitals in the Washington, DC, region, preventable errors that until recently have not required public reporting. Under laws that took effect last year in Virginia and a few years earlier in Washington and Maryland, hospitals must report to health regulators many serious injuries that patients suffer in the course of treatment.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals