South Florida doctors paid thousands by Eli Lilly
Eli Lilly has created an online registry detailing payments to 3,400 healthcare providers, including more than two dozen in South Florida in the first three months of 2009. Top on the South Florida list was internist Manuel Suarez-Barcelo, who told the Miami Herald that he earned $65,000 by traveling through 11 states, making 41 presentations about the advantages of the Lilly drug Forteo, used to treat osteoporosis. Seven others in South Florida pulled in more than $10,000 each.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream