Chicago retail clinic to be staffed by doctors instead of nurse practitioners
Chicago Tribune, August 13, 2009
Physicians Prompt Care Centers, a suburban Chicago-based doctors' group, announced it will open a clinic inside a Jewel-Osco store that will be staffed by physicians. It's the first retail health clinic in the Chicago area for Jewel-Osco parent Supervalu Inc., which has 14 retail clinics in its stores elsewhere in the country. Though the number of retail health clinics has grown to more than 1,100 nationally, most are staffed by nurse practitioners. Just a half-dozen clinics are staffed by physicians.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'