Doctor fired over America Dies on Dunkin sign
AP/USA Today, August 14, 2009
Jason Newsom, MD, railed against unhealthy food in his campaign to promote better eating in a town in Florida. Newsom is a 38-year-old former Army doctor who served in Iraq, and when he returned home to Panama City a few years ago to run the Bay County Health Department he started posting sardonic warnings on an electronic sign outside. When he parodied "America Runs on Dunkin'," the doughnut chain's slogan, with: "America Dies on Dunkin," he says he was forced to resign.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest