Patient polls measure physicians' vital signs
A Washington nonprofit organization, Consumers' Checkbook, has created a new model for online doctor reviews that is designed to address their shortcomings. Instead of being based on blurbs that are self-selected and anonymous, this model uses surveys. Most of the survey questions focus on doctor-patient communication, and other questions address access to care.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians