Should doctors friend their patients?
CNN.com, September 10, 2009
CNN examines whether patients should connect with their physicians via social networking sites. While it can be a simple way to communicate with patients and build loyalty to the practice, it's important to protect the privacy of both the patient and the physician.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure