Florida family to get $14 million in malpractice verdict
Miami Herald, September 18, 2009
A Hollywood, FL, family won a $14 million medical-malpractice verdict against a doctor who accidentally punctured the man's artery during surgery following his stroke, leaving the man paralyzed and bedridden. Though it awarded the family $14 million, the jury found no negligence by the surgeon in the case.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised