Florida family to get $14 million in malpractice verdict
Miami Herald, September 18, 2009
A Hollywood, FL, family won a $14 million medical-malpractice verdict against a doctor who accidentally punctured the man's artery during surgery following his stroke, leaving the man paralyzed and bedridden. Though it awarded the family $14 million, the jury found no negligence by the surgeon in the case.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts