Florida family to get $14 million in malpractice verdict
Miami Herald, September 18, 2009
A Hollywood, FL, family won a $14 million medical-malpractice verdict against a doctor who accidentally punctured the man's artery during surgery following his stroke, leaving the man paralyzed and bedridden. Though it awarded the family $14 million, the jury found no negligence by the surgeon in the case.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care