New pharma guidelines: No ghostwriting, more public info
Wall Street Journal Health Blog, October 1, 2009
Clinical trial guidelines from the drug industry trade group PhRMA, go into effect Oct. 1. They include guidelines that basically ban ghostwriting of reports and stipulate that a doctor who has an ownership stake in a drug cannot be a clinical investigator in a trial of that drug. The guidelines are purely voluntary, however.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals