Exam-room rules: What is in a name?
In this article published by the New York Times, Anne Marie Valinoti, MD, discusses etiquette surrounding what patients call their doctors, and vice versa. Valinoti stresses the importance of patient-physician communication and says "let's face it: all communication starts with what we call one another."
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth