HealthCare Partners Affiliates Medical Group acquires Talbert Medical Group
Torrance, CA-based HealthCare Partners Affiliates Medical Group has acquired Talbert Medical Group, Inc., a physician-owned practice with more than 67,000 managed care patients in Los Angeles County and Orange County. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed in a media release announcing the acquisition.
The acquisition increases patient base for by HealthCare Partners in California to 750,000 and expands patient access to more than 1,200 primary care physicians throughout the Los Angeles Metro area, HealthCare Partners said.
"Talbert Medical Group strengthens our presence in Los Angeles County and expands our geographic coverage into Orange County, allowing us to provide quality, cost-effective healthcare for a growing number of Californians," said Robert J. Margolis, MD, HealthCare Partners chairman/CEO. "We are excited about what a great organization like Talbert, with its 40-year history of healthcare leadership and delivery of quality medical care, brings to our combined organization."
Keith Wilson, MD, Talbert's president/CEO, has been named regional medical director of HealthCare Partners' operations extending into Orange County.
Talbert owns 10 medical offices located in Anaheim, Compton, Downey, Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, Lakewood, Long Beach, Santa Ana, and Tustin, and four walk-in centers in Anaheim, Compton, Fountain Valley, and Long Beach.
HealthCare Partners has more than 1,200 employed and affiliated primary care physicians and more than 3,000 employed and contracted specialists. HealthCare Partners also operates urgent care centers, medical spas, and an ambulatory surgery center.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines