Former Danbury Hospital CFO indicted on fraud charges
DANBURY -- A federal grand jury in Hartford on Wednesday indicted William Roe, 56, the former treasurer and chief financial officer of Danbury Hospital. He was charged with one count of wire fraud and two counts of interstate transportation of stolen money.
Thomas Carson, spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office, said Wednesday that while Roe was arrested in mid-August for his criminal activities at Danbury Hospital and at his previous place of employment, St. Rita's Medical Center in Lima, Ohio, a grand jury needed to indict him to bring the case to court.
Roe is expected to be arraigned Tuesday at U.S. District Court in Bridgeport before Judge Holly Fitzsimmons.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians