Drug shortage delays US executions
Several of the 35 states that use lethal injections are now hunting for fresh sources of the drug, which is used to render people unconscious.
The sole US manufacturer of the drug says new batches of sodium thiopental will not be ready before early 2011.
Meanwhile, nine states have planned 17 executions before the end of January.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion