Drug shortage delays US executions
Several of the 35 states that use lethal injections are now hunting for fresh sources of the drug, which is used to render people unconscious.
The sole US manufacturer of the drug says new batches of sodium thiopental will not be ready before early 2011.
Meanwhile, nine states have planned 17 executions before the end of January.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic