Drug shortage delays US executions
Several of the 35 states that use lethal injections are now hunting for fresh sources of the drug, which is used to render people unconscious.
The sole US manufacturer of the drug says new batches of sodium thiopental will not be ready before early 2011.
Meanwhile, nine states have planned 17 executions before the end of January.
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses