Drug shortage delays US executions
Several of the 35 states that use lethal injections are now hunting for fresh sources of the drug, which is used to render people unconscious.
The sole US manufacturer of the drug says new batches of sodium thiopental will not be ready before early 2011.
Meanwhile, nine states have planned 17 executions before the end of January.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers