Drug shortage delays US executions
Several of the 35 states that use lethal injections are now hunting for fresh sources of the drug, which is used to render people unconscious.
The sole US manufacturer of the drug says new batches of sodium thiopental will not be ready before early 2011.
Meanwhile, nine states have planned 17 executions before the end of January.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments