Police: Man who shot 2 officers at hospital dies
Jeffrey Layten, of Valley, died of his wounds shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday at Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha Police spokesman Jacob Bettin said. Police did not disclose a possible motive for the shootings, and the hospital's CEO, Gary Honts, said he didn't know of any link Layten may have had to the hospital.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse