Physicians will manage but not own Kearney (NE) hospital
It appears Kearney won't have a physician-owned hospital, but it will have a physician-managed hospital.
Cardiologist Sean Denney confirmed Thursday the physician investors of Kearney Regional Medical Center will transfer ownership of their corporation to Kansas-based MDM Corp.
MDM Corp. operates imaging centers in Kansas and Oregon and hospitals in Salina and Manhattan, Kan. Its partners are Joe Hlavacek, A.J. Schwarz and Ward Schraeder.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules