Physicians will manage but not own Kearney (NE) hospital
It appears Kearney won't have a physician-owned hospital, but it will have a physician-managed hospital.
Cardiologist Sean Denney confirmed Thursday the physician investors of Kearney Regional Medical Center will transfer ownership of their corporation to Kansas-based MDM Corp.
MDM Corp. operates imaging centers in Kansas and Oregon and hospitals in Salina and Manhattan, Kan. Its partners are Joe Hlavacek, A.J. Schwarz and Ward Schraeder.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- New G-Code to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments