Physicians will manage but not own Kearney (NE) hospital
It appears Kearney won't have a physician-owned hospital, but it will have a physician-managed hospital.
Cardiologist Sean Denney confirmed Thursday the physician investors of Kearney Regional Medical Center will transfer ownership of their corporation to Kansas-based MDM Corp.
MDM Corp. operates imaging centers in Kansas and Oregon and hospitals in Salina and Manhattan, Kan. Its partners are Joe Hlavacek, A.J. Schwarz and Ward Schraeder.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening