St. Joseph buys IHA physician company
The Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is acquiring IHA, a physician group with more than 150 doctors and 37 nurse practitioners in southeastern Michigan, the organizations said Tuesday.
The deal is expected to be completed on or before Dec. 31 and IHA will become a member of the health system, which has seven hospitals in Metro Detroit and some 14,000 employees, including nearly 2,700 doctors.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says