Duke police probing death at university hospital
Duke University police are investigating a patient's death at Duke Hospital after a physician raised concerns about how the woman died.
Multiple media outlets reported Wednesday that search warrants in the case say 30-year-old Cheryl Lynn Suber of Garner died at the hospital on Oct. 5.
The warrants say a visitor to Suber's room asked a nurse to check on the woman. Hospital staff found that she had gone into cardiac arrest, and they discovered a syringe in her bed with an unknown dark-colored liquid.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL