Duke police probing death at university hospital
Duke University police are investigating a patient's death at Duke Hospital after a physician raised concerns about how the woman died.
Multiple media outlets reported Wednesday that search warrants in the case say 30-year-old Cheryl Lynn Suber of Garner died at the hospital on Oct. 5.
The warrants say a visitor to Suber's room asked a nurse to check on the woman. Hospital staff found that she had gone into cardiac arrest, and they discovered a syringe in her bed with an unknown dark-colored liquid.
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion