Duke police probing death at university hospital
Duke University police are investigating a patient's death at Duke Hospital after a physician raised concerns about how the woman died.
Multiple media outlets reported Wednesday that search warrants in the case say 30-year-old Cheryl Lynn Suber of Garner died at the hospital on Oct. 5.
The warrants say a visitor to Suber's room asked a nurse to check on the woman. Hospital staff found that she had gone into cardiac arrest, and they discovered a syringe in her bed with an unknown dark-colored liquid.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- Ebola: A Call for Designated Hospitals
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings
- The Drug Price Reform Debate