Duke police probing death at university hospital
Duke University police are investigating a patient's death at Duke Hospital after a physician raised concerns about how the woman died.
Multiple media outlets reported Wednesday that search warrants in the case say 30-year-old Cheryl Lynn Suber of Garner died at the hospital on Oct. 5.
The warrants say a visitor to Suber's room asked a nurse to check on the woman. Hospital staff found that she had gone into cardiac arrest, and they discovered a syringe in her bed with an unknown dark-colored liquid.
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- 6 Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- Aligning Executive Compensation with Provider Mission