MA medical group sees severe shortages in 10 specialties
In all, 10 of 18 physician specialties studied by the society face either “critical” or “severe” shortages. Last year, only seven specialities were listed as facing worrisome shortages.
“The findings from the latest analysis clearly show how fragile access to care for patients is across the entire commonwealth,” said Dr. Alice Coombs, president of the Massachusetts Medical Society.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus