MA medical group sees severe shortages in 10 specialties
In all, 10 of 18 physician specialties studied by the society face either “critical” or “severe” shortages. Last year, only seven specialities were listed as facing worrisome shortages.
“The findings from the latest analysis clearly show how fragile access to care for patients is across the entire commonwealth,” said Dr. Alice Coombs, president of the Massachusetts Medical Society.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013