MA medical group sees severe shortages in 10 specialties
In all, 10 of 18 physician specialties studied by the society face either “critical” or “severe” shortages. Last year, only seven specialities were listed as facing worrisome shortages.
“The findings from the latest analysis clearly show how fragile access to care for patients is across the entire commonwealth,” said Dr. Alice Coombs, president of the Massachusetts Medical Society.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model