MA medical group sees severe shortages in 10 specialties
In all, 10 of 18 physician specialties studied by the society face either “critical” or “severe” shortages. Last year, only seven specialities were listed as facing worrisome shortages.
“The findings from the latest analysis clearly show how fragile access to care for patients is across the entire commonwealth,” said Dr. Alice Coombs, president of the Massachusetts Medical Society.
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- Doc Shortage 'Fix' Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- MU Slides into Summer of Discontent
- Physician Pay Increasingly Linked to Value-based Metrics
- 2015 OPPS Proposed Rule Detailed
- Hospitals Tops in Physician Benefits
- PCPs Breaking Even on Mental Health Costs
- CDC Expanding Quality of Care Efforts
- Fees Lurk in Health Plans' Shift to e-Payments
- 4 Hot Healthcare Exec Titles; 1 Not