MA medical group sees severe shortages in 10 specialties
In all, 10 of 18 physician specialties studied by the society face either “critical” or “severe” shortages. Last year, only seven specialities were listed as facing worrisome shortages.
“The findings from the latest analysis clearly show how fragile access to care for patients is across the entire commonwealth,” said Dr. Alice Coombs, president of the Massachusetts Medical Society.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care
- Physician Pay Will Soon Depend on Outcomes
- HFMA: Revenue Cycle, Reimbursements Share the Spotlight