Napa State Hospital psychiatric worker slain
A mentally ill patient with a long criminal history was arrested Sunday morning on charges that he robbed and killed a veteran employee at Napa State Hospital.
The body of Donna Gross, a 54-year-old psychiatric technician from Concord who had worked at the hospital for 14 years, was found at 6:10 p.m. Saturday in a courtyard on the grounds. The staff became concerned when she failed to return to her unit from a dinner break.
Jess Willard Massey, 37, allegedly confronted Gross while the two walked on a well-traveled path used by staff and patients.
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- 3 NC Health Systems Form Shared Services Organization
- Hospital Pharmacies Prep for Drug Takebacks
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare