Italy doctors jailed for ’clinic of horrors’ operations
The doctors, who were working at Milan's Santa Rita clinic, carried out more than 80 unnecessary operations.
The surgery included breast and lung removal, La Repubblica newspaper reports.
The clinic's chief thoracic consultant, Pier Paola Brega Massone, was sentenced to 15-and-a-half years for his role.
In sentencing, the judge said Berga Massone was "cruel, malevolent and lacking the slightest sense of human pity".
- In Lakeport, CA, a Population Health Laboratory is Born
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Insurers' listings of in-network doctors often out of date
- Slideshow: Healthcare Executives Eye Efficiency
- How to navigate big data in healthcare