Italy doctors jailed for ’clinic of horrors’ operations
The doctors, who were working at Milan's Santa Rita clinic, carried out more than 80 unnecessary operations.
The surgery included breast and lung removal, La Repubblica newspaper reports.
The clinic's chief thoracic consultant, Pier Paola Brega Massone, was sentenced to 15-and-a-half years for his role.
In sentencing, the judge said Berga Massone was "cruel, malevolent and lacking the slightest sense of human pity".
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives