Italy doctors jailed for ’clinic of horrors’ operations
The doctors, who were working at Milan's Santa Rita clinic, carried out more than 80 unnecessary operations.
The surgery included breast and lung removal, La Repubblica newspaper reports.
The clinic's chief thoracic consultant, Pier Paola Brega Massone, was sentenced to 15-and-a-half years for his role.
In sentencing, the judge said Berga Massone was "cruel, malevolent and lacking the slightest sense of human pity".
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009