Suffering patient kept waiting during doctors' dispute
An ailing patient at Surrey Memorial Hospital fears his surgery is being delayed because of a months-old dispute between doctors and the Fraser Health Authority.
Robert Almeida has been hooked up to morphine and bound to a wheelchair since breaking his ankle Friday night. "I wake up with throbbing and I start getting shooting pain through my ankle and up my leg," he said.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay