Suffering patient kept waiting during doctors' dispute
An ailing patient at Surrey Memorial Hospital fears his surgery is being delayed because of a months-old dispute between doctors and the Fraser Health Authority.
Robert Almeida has been hooked up to morphine and bound to a wheelchair since breaking his ankle Friday night. "I wake up with throbbing and I start getting shooting pain through my ankle and up my leg," he said.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers