Suffering patient kept waiting during doctors' dispute
An ailing patient at Surrey Memorial Hospital fears his surgery is being delayed because of a months-old dispute between doctors and the Fraser Health Authority.
Robert Almeida has been hooked up to morphine and bound to a wheelchair since breaking his ankle Friday night. "I wake up with throbbing and I start getting shooting pain through my ankle and up my leg," he said.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth