Suffering patient kept waiting during doctors' dispute
An ailing patient at Surrey Memorial Hospital fears his surgery is being delayed because of a months-old dispute between doctors and the Fraser Health Authority.
Robert Almeida has been hooked up to morphine and bound to a wheelchair since breaking his ankle Friday night. "I wake up with throbbing and I start getting shooting pain through my ankle and up my leg," he said.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told