Police arrest doctor in murder-for-hire scheme
A 48-year-old physician is in jail facing charges of soliciting to commit murder and violating a temporary restraining order.
Honolulu police arrested the Wahiawa doctor after a patient reported that the doctor approached him to kill the mother of his son. The patient contacted the woman and called authorities.The police report, which was filed on Saturday morning, indicated that the doctor was having financial problems and he told the patient that he wanted the woman killed. The doctor offered to compensate the patient if he helped him, police said.
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion