Opinion: The doctor con
One of the tragi-comic sideshows of passing ObamaCare was the Democratic attempt to buy off the American Medical Association by promising a permanent fix to the Medicare payment formula for doctors. Apparently permanent is four weeks.
That's the upshot of last Thursday night's Senate vote to postpone an automatic 23% cut in Medicare physician payments, but only through New Year's Day. The House plans to approve the same deal next week, and you should think of this as Nancy Pelosi's housewarming gift for Speaker-presumptive John Boehner.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013