IU transplant surgeon dies in Michigan interstate crash
A crash on I-94 in Jackson County at the height of Sunday's winter storm killed Dr. Mark Pescovitz, the husband of University of Michigan Health System CEO Ora Hirsch Pescovitz, the Indianapolis Star reported.
Mark Pescovitz was an organ transplant surgeon, a professor of surgery and of microbiology and immunology and vice chairman for research in the Department of Surgery at the Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, the newspaper said.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion