Healthcare Online Job Postings Decline Again
Online job listings for healthcare practitioners, technical workers, and healthcare support staff fell in July, the fourth straight month of declines, according to The Conference Board Help Wanted Online report.
Online job listings for healthcare practitioners and technical occupations fell by 61,200 listings in July to 487,500 and have fallen by 125,100 listing since January. Occupations that saw declines in July online listings included registered nurses, and physical and occupational therapists. However, even with the decline, there were still more than two advertised job vacancies for every skilled healthcare professional in search of work last month, with pay averaging $34.27 an hour, The Conference Board reports.
Online vacancies listed for healthcare support workers fell by 11,900 in July to 116,500. There were two healthcare support workers for every online job listing, with pay averaging $12.94 an hour, The Conference Board reports.
The board's Help Wanted Online Data Series tracks more than 1,000 online job boards across the United States.
In the overall economy, on line job listings fell by 217,000 listings in July, which follows a decline of 100,000 in June and a flat period in April and May. The Conference Board estimates that there were just over three unemployed people for every online advertised job vacancy in July.
"The national trend in labor demand, while positive in the first quarter of 2011, turned negative in the second quarter. And with the July loss, monthly labor demand is now 54,000 below the January level," said June Shelp, Vice President at The Conference Board.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers