Health IT Chiefs: Our next IT rock stars?
As IT managers gradually connect medical devices to electronic health records (EHRs), the role, influence and responsibilities of chief medical informatics officers (CMIOs) and chief nursing officers (CNOs) will continue to grow "to a level not seen before," predicts a study from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS). Among the medical devices that will likely require such integration, according to researchers, are fetal monitors, cardiac output monitors, ventilators, IV pumps, anesthesia machines, balloon pumps, and even smart beds. The November report provides a window into how medical device integration will impact CMIOs and CNOs.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives