A 'Star Trek'- inspired $10M X Prize for revolutionizing healthcare
There's not always a doctor around to help figure out what's wrong with you—and sometimes, one isn't even necessary. Sometimes, the right technology could help us determine what's going on in our bodies. That's the rationale behind the latest X Prize, known as the Qualcomm Tricorder X Prize, which was announced at CES, and which will award a $10 million bounty to the first team that can create "a mobile platform that most accurately diagnoses a set of 15 diseases across 30 [patients] in three days."
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus