Community Health inks PA deal
Franklin-based hospital operator Community Health Systems has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase the assets of Memorial Health Systems in York, PA. CHS will buy the 100-bed Memorial Hospital, the Surgical Center of York and other outpatient and ancillary services. Among the deal's provisions is a promise to build a larger replacement hospital within five years of the closing date. The deal, which covers about 1,000 workers, is still subject to regulatory approvals.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending