Community Health inks PA deal
Franklin-based hospital operator Community Health Systems has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase the assets of Memorial Health Systems in York, PA. CHS will buy the 100-bed Memorial Hospital, the Surgical Center of York and other outpatient and ancillary services. Among the deal's provisions is a promise to build a larger replacement hospital within five years of the closing date. The deal, which covers about 1,000 workers, is still subject to regulatory approvals.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts