Community Health inks PA deal
Franklin-based hospital operator Community Health Systems has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase the assets of Memorial Health Systems in York, PA. CHS will buy the 100-bed Memorial Hospital, the Surgical Center of York and other outpatient and ancillary services. Among the deal's provisions is a promise to build a larger replacement hospital within five years of the closing date. The deal, which covers about 1,000 workers, is still subject to regulatory approvals.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'