Ex HealthSouth CEO Scrushy gets 70 months
Former HealthSouth CEO Richard Scrushy was sentenced Wednesday to 70 months in prison, which shaved a year off his previous sentence of almost seven years. His lawyer, Art Leach, said the lighter sentence could mean that Scrushy will be eligible to be transferred within one of two months from the federal prison in Beaumont, Texas to a halfway house.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer