Parkland board member: Report concerning, not surprising
Continuing, wide-ranging and severe problems with patient care at Parkland Memorial Hospital are concerning, but not surprising, a physician on Parkland's board of managers said Wednesday. Dr. Roberto de la Cruz, one of the board's newest members, said the report by Alvarez & Marsal Healthcare Industry Group shows "the day-to-day nuts and bolts operations of a big-city hospital."
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening