Parkland board member: Report concerning, not surprising
Continuing, wide-ranging and severe problems with patient care at Parkland Memorial Hospital are concerning, but not surprising, a physician on Parkland's board of managers said Wednesday. Dr. Roberto de la Cruz, one of the board's newest members, said the report by Alvarez & Marsal Healthcare Industry Group shows "the day-to-day nuts and bolts operations of a big-city hospital."
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue