Parkland board member: Report concerning, not surprising
Continuing, wide-ranging and severe problems with patient care at Parkland Memorial Hospital are concerning, but not surprising, a physician on Parkland's board of managers said Wednesday. Dr. Roberto de la Cruz, one of the board's newest members, said the report by Alvarez & Marsal Healthcare Industry Group shows "the day-to-day nuts and bolts operations of a big-city hospital."
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes