100 lawsuits at NY's Brookdale University Hospital
Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center is the target of more than 100 open lawsuits by patients who claim they—or their dead relatives—were harmed instead of healed, Brooklyn Supreme Court records show. At least a dozen cases allege patients died due to malpractice or negligence at the cash-strapped Brownsville hospital—including a mugging victim with traumatic brain injuries and two patients whose severe pressure ulcers led to fatal infections.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'