Social media linking Las Vegas doctors, patients
The Surgical Weight Control Center of Las Vegas has had a Facebook page for about three years as a way to keep patients connected to the practice. It seems to be working. Surgical Weight Control Center of Las Vegas now has about 300 "likes" on its page. For Jessica Watson, who underwent gastric band surgery in 2008 to lose weight, the Facebook page is also a way to stay linked to a medical staff that knows her and fellow patients who have undergone the same kinds of surgeries and now have the common goal of maintaining a healthy weight.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations