Social media linking Las Vegas doctors, patients
The Surgical Weight Control Center of Las Vegas has had a Facebook page for about three years as a way to keep patients connected to the practice. It seems to be working. Surgical Weight Control Center of Las Vegas now has about 300 "likes" on its page. For Jessica Watson, who underwent gastric band surgery in 2008 to lose weight, the Facebook page is also a way to stay linked to a medical staff that knows her and fellow patients who have undergone the same kinds of surgeries and now have the common goal of maintaining a healthy weight.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'