NJ releases charity care funding levels
The state Department of Health and Senior Services this week released hospital-specific funding levels for state safety-net programs, including charity care, the Hospital Relief Subsidy Fund and the Graduate Medical Education Fund. The total level of funding—$961 million—is set to remain unchanged in fiscal 2013, but the state did alter the funding formula used to distribute the money. Under the new formula, hospitals will receive 90 percent of the money they received last year. The remaining 10 percent of the $675 million in charity care funding will be distributed based on documented increases or decreases in the levels of charity care provided at a given hospital.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives