USF Health and Florida Hospital collaborate
Last week, officials from USF Health and Florida Hospital were celebrating a $6.9 million state appropriation for a joint cardiovascular institute at the University of South Florida. On Monday, Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute adding USF Health to its name and announced new research and patient care collaborations around the Tampa Bay area, focusing on cancer care, neurology and, of course, cardiac care. USF long has wanted a hospital close to or on its main campus in North Tampa, and talks with Florida Hospital officials started in 2009.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public