Tenet lawsuit against CHS dismissed
A U.S. District Court in Texas Wednesday has granted Community Health Systems' request to dismiss a lawsuit filed against it by Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare Corp. Tenet Healthcare filed suit against Franklin, TN-based CHS last year, after Tenet refused several offers to be bought by CHS. At one point Tenet turned down a $7.3 billion offer, or $7.25 per share. As of 2:30 today, shares of Tenet were trading at $5.41. Shares of CHS, meanwhile, were trading at $23.11, down 9 cents.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations