Unconventional doctor faces life as a patient
Krenie Stowe believes in science. After all, she is a doctor, a pediatrician who has practiced in the suburbs north of Houston for almost 20 years. But she also believes in alternative healing. While Stowe has an Ivy League education and a busy medical practice, she has made choices that mean, like many of her patients, she has struggled to find insurance and to pay for her medical care.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'