OSF HealthCare, Rockford Health System may still work together
When OSF HealthCare and Rockford Health System parted ways last week, ending their two-year fight to join together, they hinted at the possibility of working together in the future. To hospital officials, they're still facing the same challenges that drove them to acquisition talks in the first place—healthcare reform, payer rate cuts and economic struggles that threaten to change the healthcare landscape, merger or no merger.
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Proton Beam Therapy Center Closure Illuminates Costs
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Driving Down Claims Denials