Jackson Health System shows a surplus
Jackson Health System showed a $6.2 million surplus in March and similarly positive results are likely to be "the rule rather than the exception" in coming months, Chief Executive Carlos Migoya said Monday. At the same time, the University of Miami medical school's new chief operating officer, Jonathan "Jack" Lord, issued a statement saying that Jackson's long-standing financial problems have caused difficulties for UM, "making it necessary to streamline our administrative operations." The medical school offered no details on how extensive that streamlining might be.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US