Doctor-free health tests power storefront labs in OR
A storefront lab with local branches in Vancouver, Gresham, and downtown, Any Lab Test Now is a hypochondriac's dream, collecting blood, urine and hair samples for more than 8,000 tests. Fitness buffs, the privacy conscious and the uninsured are all staples of the rapidly growing Georgia-based franchise chain with about 145 outlets across the country. The company promotes its quick turnaround and simple, transparent charges; in fact, it doesn't take insurance. Its growth taps into the "on demand" mentality of a younger, more informed generation of patients, and the health concerns of older patients as well.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts