Lap Band surgery center owners accused of ID theft, false billing
Several doctors who once worked at the weight loss surgery centers affiliated with the 1-800-GET THIN campaign have filed a lawsuit against the owners of the clinics, alleging that these doctors’ identities were stolen as part of an extensive false medical-billing scheme. The lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, accuses the brothers who own the surgery centers – Michael and Julian Omidi, their attorneys and several other defendants – of stealing the identities of four Los Angeles County doctors who worked for them.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013