Senators launch investigation of prescription narcotics
As the U.S. Senate Finance Committee launched an investigation Tuesday into makers of narcotic painkillers and groups that champion them. Sens. Max Baucus, D-Mont., the finance panel chairman, and Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, sent letters to The American Pain Foundation, three pharmaceutical companies, and five groups that support pain patients, physicians or research. The Federation of State Medical Boards, the trade group for agencies that license doctors, also received a letter, as did The Joint Commission.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers