Opinion: Is this patient privacy crusader doing more harm than good?
If the electronic health records industry has a nemesis, it's Deborah Peel, the founder of Patient Privacy Rights. At a time when doctors and hospitals are digitizing their paper medical records as mandated by the government, Peel, a psychiatrist, has been the most vocal agitator against loss of patient privacy.
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- When a hospital closes
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- US health system among least efficient before Obamacare